Sunday, June 8, 2008

What a weekend...







So remember that wedding I was so O.C.D. about? Well I am glad the venue was also, or maybe not? The Garden Room in Garden Grove was beautifully decorated and the ceremony went off without a hitch. The reception began and we got through the grand announcement, the first dance and while we were setting up for the slide show presentation....... the power went off! OK, so no worries, the power came on and we reset everything started playing the video and.... yes, the power went off again. And for the rest of the afternoon the power kept going off...
The crew from the venue kept apologizing but needless to say the reception was ruined...
Being the nice guys we are we offered to play at the after party for a couple of hours. That went well and people danced for a good while.

On Sunday morning I took my dad to visit my brother Ralph in Palmdale to drop off some racks he made for his video store. Yes my brother purchased a video store. I think he might be the first Mexican video store owner. (i doubt it though) Anyway, my point is my mom just got back from Mexico and like always she came back with a crap load of cheese. I mean there was a lot. And some other usuals like cajeta de mango and de membrillo. Any one know what membrillo is?

We won't talk about the Lakers tonight. I am pretty upset. This was a stressed filled weekend.

4 comments:

twopennycents said...

that's a serious load of cheese! i especially like the cross-stitch tablecloth where it was displayed. membrillo is a quince (the fruit of a central Asian tree of the rose family that resembles a hard-fleshed yellow apple). the japanese are credited with bringing the plant over to mexico centuries ago. i love google.

Erick & Norma said...

Who doesn't know about membrillo? And, what's not better than imported Mexican cheese...YUM! Sorry to hear about your stressful weekend. You may not want to look at our latest post then...well now you're probably gonna look for sure :-)

Carlos said...

I'm sure it was some delicious cheese. You can't go to Mexico w/out bringing back some cheese for the family here in the U.S.

Ambitious Crafter said...

That's a lot of cheese, isn't there a limit. I'm sure it's tasty in some Quesadillas! My brother-in-law Mario tried to bring back cheese couple of years ago from Mexico. He didn't count on his luggage being lost and when he finally got it back - it smelled FUNKY :S